Potato fritters, or potato rosti, are a great way to enjoy potatoes and make a lovely lunch accompanied by a little salsa and a green salad.
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 500g medium smooth potato grated
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 courgette coarsely grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red or white wine vinegar
What to do:
- Put the grated potato and courgette onto a thick layer of kitchen paper and press out excess water. Next, add the onion and mix well with the egg.
- Take a large spoonful of the mixture and press into a rough ball in the hands, then place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make 12 potato cakes. Bake in the oven at 225°C, 425°F or Gas Mark 7 for 20 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by cutting the tomatoes into small dice and mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a fish slice, lift the potato cakes off the baking tray and serve with the salsa and a simple green salad.
Tip 1: Desiree potatoes will work well for this recipe.
- Nutritional analysis per serving
- 606kJ / 145 kcal
- 1.9g fat
- 0.6g saturates
- 0.1g salt
- 3.2g sugar