Wholewheat soft tortillas are topped with tomato and pepper omelettes, then rolled up. Perfect for a tasty breakfast or wrap up for a packed lunch.
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 soft wholewheat flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp 1% fat milk
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 peppers, any colour deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 40g reduced fat hard cheese grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
What to do:
- Lay out the tortillas on a work surface. Preheat the grill.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomatoes, spring onions and pepper, seasoning with black pepper.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour in one quarter of the beaten egg mixture. Cook on the hob over a medium heat for a few moments to set the base. Sprinkle one quarter of the tomato mixture over the surface, then sprinkle 10g of the cheese over the top. Grill to set the egg and melt the cheese.
- Slide the omelette onto one of the tortillas. Leave to cool a little while you make three more omelettes, placing them on top of the tortillas as you go.
- Roll up the tortillas, slice in half and serve immediately, or wrap in foil to serve later.
Tip 1: Just top the omelettes with tomatoes and reduced fat cheese, or swap the suggested vegetables for your favourite combination.
Tip 2: You could use plain tortillas, though the wholewheat ones have a higher fibre content.
Tip 3: To make the burritos more filling, try adding 100g drained mixed beans to the tomato mixture – you’ll be adding extra fibre too.
- Per adult portion (i.e. . recipe)
- 958kJ / 229kcal
- 15g protein
- 17g carbohydrate of which 5g sugars
- 12g fat of which 4g saturates
- 1.5g fibre
- 240mg sodium equivalent to 0.6g salt