Simple to make – delicious to eat!
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 200g macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or fresh)
- 1 tsp dried basil (or fresh)
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 4 courgettes sliced
- 200g green beans (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 125ml reduced salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 25g parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/ fan oven 160°C.
- Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic slowly until tender and golden. Stir in the herbs, tomatoes, courgettes, beans and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine the pasta and vegetables. Season with black pepper. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Tip 1: Use 2 tsp dried mixed herbs instead of the oregano and basil.
Tip 2: Make this recipe in summer when tomatoes, courgettes and green beans are at their seasonal best (and cheapest).
Tip 3: You could use reduced fat hard cheese instead of Parmesan.
- Per portion (i.e. . recipe)
- 1226 kJ / 293kcal
- 12g protein
- 50g carbohydrate of which 10g sugars
- 6.5g fat of which 2g saturates
- 5g fibre
- 63mg sodium equivalent to 0.15g salt