This is such a versatile dish – it’s ideal for using up leftover veg and you can use any type of meat. An almost instant meal in a bowl!
Serves: 4 adults
Preparation time: 3 mins
Cooking time: 7 mins
- 125g medium or fine dried egg noodles
- 1.2 litres reduced salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 300g frozen or fresh stir-fry vegetables
- 250g skinless, boneless roast chicken breasts sliced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
What to do:
- Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water. Leave to soak for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock into a large saucepan and bring up to the boil. Add the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the noodles, then add them to the saucepan with the sliced chicken. Season with pepper. Heat for 1-2 minutes, then ladle into bowls.
- Serve each portion sprinkled with a few drops of soy sauce.
Tip 1: This is a great way to make the most of any fresh vegetables that need to be used up.
Tip 2: If you like things spicy, add a few fine slices of fresh red or green chilli, or a pinch of dried chilli flakes.
- Per portion (i.e. ¼ recipe)
- 1025kJ / 245kcals
- 26g protein
- 4g fat of which 1g saturates
- 26g carbohydrate of which 4g sugars
- 3g dietary fibre
- 215mg sodium
- 0.5g salt